We are proud to offer a limited edition re-issue of an original variant of the A-2 Air Army Force pilot's jacket introduced as official uniform wear in 1931 and permitted to be made of goatskin even though the original specifications called for horsehide with goatskin as an alternative. We offer this recreation of the goatskin alternative because we believe that both leathers provide a good historical perspective on this iconic jacket. Our jacket is unique because it is made of veg tanned goatskin as were the originals that were made during the 1930’s and 40’s. We then use our specially developed process to gently age the leather to give it the look and patina of hundreds of hours of flight time in the cockpit as it would have been used before and during World War 2.
Features include side and top entry pockets with snap close flap, knit cuffs and waistband, side entry pockets were a sometime custom feature added by the pilots themselves for convenience. Proudly made in the USA.
• Vegetable tanned goatskin leather • Silky lining • Snap down collar • Front zipper under wind flap • Two front flap snap pockets • Side entry pockets • Two interior pockets • Knit cuffs and waistband • This is a regular fit jacket • Available in brown • Proudly made in the USA.
The Type A-2 flying jacket was officially standardized by the U.S. Army Air Corps in 1927, as the successor to the Type A-1 flying jacket. The military specification number for Type A-2 is 94-3040, Drawing Number 31-1415, but spec. labels found in the jackets themselves show this to be 30-1415.
The A-2 was traditionally awarded to an Army Air Forces officer upon completion of basic flight training, and always before graduating to advanced training. The informal standard system of distribution was airmen lining up in front of boxes containing jackets of various sizes and handed out by the base Quartermaster.
The flight jacket became a treasured item to all airmen, and was worn with as much pride as their wings. During their service, crews often added and removed squadron patches, rank marks, mission markings and occasionally painted artwork depicting the type of aircraft they flew, or the Nose Art painted on their aircraft.
The sheepskin B-3 was first issued to bomber pilots in early WWII. To protect them from cold weather situations while flying high altitudes in open cockpits the B-3 quickly proved to be one of the military’s favorite. The Women’s B3 Bomber Jacket is an accurate replication of this classic style used during the war, now tailored especially for women.
• Soft supple double-faced Shearling • Leather welted seems • Brass belted collar • Waist straps for extra warmth • Two front pockets • This is a slim fit jacket • Available in brown • Proudly made in the USA.
U.S. NAVY ISSUE MIL SPEC G-1 JACKET(Long)
Since its introduction in the late 1930’s, the G-1 has remained standard issued gear of the US Navy. Returning to the G-1’s roots, Cockpit USA’s replications have remained true to the jacket’s birth. Using the original military spec patterns calling for use of genuine mouton fur collars from the WWII era, Cockpit USA’s US Navy Mil Spec G-1 is truly authentic. This jacket is also available in Long sizes.
• 100% goatskin leather • Silky nylon lining • Mouton shearling collar • Bi-swing back • Under arm grommets for ventilation • Front zipper over USN wind flap • Two front flap pockets • Interior snap close pocket • Knit cuffs and waistband • This is a regular fit jacket • Available in brown • Proudly made in the USA.
ANTIQUE LAMB A-2
A true centerpiece of any leather jacket collection, the Antique Lamb A-2 is a rustic take on its WWII Government issue counterpart. Designed to give a unique worn patina, the antiqued leather has natural graining and skin detail, naturally creasing upon wear. The lining features two embroidered American flags and silk screened with similar patriotic vintage historical embellishments. This jacket is also available in Long sizes.
• Crafted from 100% specially tanned antique lambskin leather • Quilted lining with an embroidered and silk screened patriotic appliqué • Snap down collar • Underarm ventilation grommets • Front zipper under wind flap • Two front flap snap pockets • Side entry pockets • Two interior pockets • Knit cuffs and waistband • This is a regular fit jacket • Available in black, brown, or dark brown • Proudly made in the USA.
WASP A-2 Flight Jacket
Women’s Air Service Pilot (WASP) being the most popular of the women’s military groups, flew over 60 million miles of operational flights from aircraft factories to ports of embarkation and military training bases, where combat pilots would fly these aircrafts off to war. Cockpit USA commemorates these ladies of the sky by replicating the A-2 worn by these selfless women in a more figureflattering fit.
• Soft lambskin leather • Silky quilted lining with a beautifully printed and embroidered patriotic motif • Two traditional patch pockets • Side entry pockets • One inside pocket • Knit cuffs and waist • This is a true fit jacket • Available in brown • Proudly made in USA.
Women's G-1 Jacket
Cockpit USA’s Women’ G-1 Bomber jacket is a feminine take on the traditional G-1 bomber brought to use by the U.S. Navy in the 1930s. This naval fighter pilots jacket is a perfect combination of quality and luxury.
• Antique lambskin leather • Lined with Cockpit USA's copyrighted Escape map design • Plush mouton shearling fur collar • Side entry pockets • Two front flap pockets • Knit cuffs and waist • This is a true fit jacket • Available in brown • Proudly made in the USA.